Thursday, April 6, 2017

Let's Dress Classy & Sexy

I've always had a difficult time finding the right clothes for my size growing up. As I mentioned in my previous blogs, I am a tall thick Korean American born and raised in New York. Being tall was already a given. While all my friends were a size 0 or 00 (I can't believe that even exists!), I was wearing plus size or my pants size were always in the double digits. As a tall thick girl, there are certain outfits or clothes that are just not meant for us. I've learned to except that and I figured out my own ways to create the look I've always wanted. How did Jane do that now? How did she create the look that she wanted? How can we be classy but sexy at the same time? I've already been the scandalous type. The years of my early 20s have been my crazy stage. Wearing short skirts and low shirts doesn't define classy and sexy in my eyes. Sexy is a matter of attitude. Confidence defines sexy but obviously you cannot just wear confidence out of the house. Here are some tips for dressing classy and sexy.



1. Make sure you aren't showing all of your goodies: Women were built with different shapes and sizes. Number 1 rule, do not reveal too much. If you are heavy chested, it maybe difficult to find yourself wearing a v-neck shirt. A little cleavage may not hurt but find a scoop neck can be another alternative. Mini skirts and booty shorts are always a big fat no. Even in a business setting it's not tolerable. Buttocks sticking out of your shorts isn't so classy. It's always good to have anything that is above the knee. Less isn't always more you know.

2. DOPE Footwear: I used to never be a fan of heels because of how tall I was. I started wearing heels when I started working at Wall Street. I saw all these girls wearing them and they looked taller than me. Seeing these women inspired to be more confident in my height. Wearing a great pair of heels can change the way you carry yourself, your posture, your strut and if you got great legs, own it! It honestly makes your outfit look so much better. I love being a 5'8 women owning in 3-4 inch heels. Those inches may not be for everyone. Make sure you find heels you are comfortable in.

3. Owning that one Dress:  Every women has that one dress they feel comfortable in. In can be that dress that makes their body look like an hourglass. Own that dress and wear it with confidence! You can never go wrong with a tight bodycon dress that goes above the knee. A simple bodycon dress creates an imagination and shows all those curves! There is nothing wrong with showing your curves, just as long your covered in both departments.

4. Comfortability: We always want to make sure we are comfortable in anything we wear. Something as comfortable as wearing a pair of jeans and a button down is classy but yet sexy. Although that seems "basic", some men honestly like the simple things in life. They love a woman in a t-shirt and jeans. That's as simple as it gets. The less effort you create, the more attention you get.

5. Be Creative: Color combinations are always fun to play around with when it comes to dressing up. You can never go wrong with black. Black is a universal color every looks good in. Pick colors that go well with your skin tone.

6. Good Behaviour: Being classy but sexy is about more than just the clothes you wear. It's about how you present yourself. How a women present themselves defines who they are. Being drunk at a bar, walking all sloppy with a ripped dress isn't the most attractive thing in the world. Be mindful of your surroundings. Good posture is also a great sign of being sophisticated.


These are all the tips on how to dress classy and sexy. It is important to always be comfortable in your own skin. Overall, confidence is the most important outfit you can wear on a daily basis. I've come along way in my journey to be the woman I am today. If it wasn't more my experiences in life, I would not be here writing this blog and helping other women out in the world. Marilyn Monroe states "Your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman but loose enough to show you're a lady."




Classy & Sexy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitions

My emotions speak to the inner core of my heart. I feel the shifting about to start. Am I ready for this? Or am I quick to resist? Tru...