Thursday, April 13, 2017

Natural Beauty

What defines "natural beauty"? So let's break this down, the word natural is defined as existing in nature and not made by people, without any chemical substances, antonym or artificial. Beauty is the quality of being physically attractive and give pleasure to the sense of mind. Natural beauty can be can signified as wearing no make-up, looking simple, however you want it to mean to you. I've always been around the fashion/beauty industry most of my life. It was always something that always interested me. In today's blog, I will be discussing my thoughts on the nature of natural beauty.

Does putting on make-up look beautiful? I think make-up can do a lot of things to a person. It can make a person look different. I never started to get into make-up until I was in college. I started to experiment new products here and there. Now it just became a daily routine for me. There are different types of foundation, lipsticks, blushes from different brands. The make-up industry has expanded over the years. I always thought my winged cat-eye liner, bold lip and my highlighter would do me the trick. Although, I love putting that on my face. Simplicity stands out more than being extravagant in my personal experience. I used to never leave the house without my winged liner. It was just something that I couldn't resisted doing. I never understood why? Throughout the years, I genuinely stopped caring. When I say, "stopped caring", I meant finally being Jane. Being Jane meant the Natural Jane. The Jane without her winged liner, bold lip and amazing highlighter (That is my favorite things to do! That glow though!). I hated my droopy Asian eyes. My eyes is what made Jane. Embracing how exotic they looked according to the compliments I would get. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in artificial beauty but there is a time and place for that. There is nothing wrong with getting decked out for a birthday party. All that can be done naturally.

Natural beauty is what you are born with. The person you are behind the make-up the extravagant clothes. Behind all that is YOU. Now how does plastic surgery come into the picture? There are so many people getting their chest done, buttocks done and their face done. What makes them not happy about what they have? Is it insecurities or is it something that they genuinely want to do? What drives people to even think about changing something about themselves. Why even invest money on sacrificing something you are going change for the rest of your life? People have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies but I believe God is a creator of all things. In a Christian world, God has created you beautifully. I think even having that option is upsetting because they have access to damage their body (If it's not done correctly). I'm not here to degrade anyone with plastic surgery, by all means you have the right to do whatever you want, but behind all that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. As in the Bible is states "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are you works; my soul knows it very well" Psalms 139:14. Society has created an imaginary norm that looking a certain way is signified as beauty. So who cares if your buttocks is small, if your chest is small or you hate your nose? God built you a certain way so you learn how to deal with what your body is created to be. Sometimes what you desire is not what God wants. He wants to show you how to embrace yourself in the midst of what you're not happy with. Loving his creation and loving yourself.

Beauty is an attitude. It is a geometry for the visual but grounded for the personality. The common saying "Beauty is the eye of the beholder" speaks for itself. True beauty is a person who moves my heart, soul and imagination and just stirs something in me.What we believe is beautiful reveals the truth about us.


Imperfection is Beautiful

1 comment:

Transitions

My emotions speak to the inner core of my heart. I feel the shifting about to start. Am I ready for this? Or am I quick to resist? Tru...