Thursday, February 14, 2019

SELF LOVE

Love is definitely in the air! I honestly never understood this holiday but I totally get the hype. How do we define love? What is love? How does love effect our lives? Everyone has their own version of Love. Love to me is an intense emotional attachment for one another. In the bible 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, the Lord says "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstances." Jeez God, that's really hard to follow through! Almost everyone knows this scripture in the bible, but that is what Love is! Growing up I never got the typical chocolates and flowers. When I would see other girls in high school, I've always wanted that special moment. I realized I felt that way because never experienced that before. I always needed validation from a male to provide certain needs. Once my relationship with God has grown and I genuinely understood his love for me, the only thing that really mattered was God's Love. There's nothing worth more than embracing the Love that God has provided for me. At the end of the day, God know's his kids and know's what we desire. In this post, I will be sharing some of my growing process.

The most challenging thing for me was loneliness. I hated being alone. I was always going out whether it be with my friends or my ex-boyfriend at the time. I always needed to do things with another individual. When my relationship with God started to grow, I've learned to do things on my own. I was spending more time with others verses having an intimate relationship with God.  At a period in my life, God has taken away some of my closest friends. It hurt and I never understood why. I REALLY felt alone. I went from seeing them almost every week to years of not seeing each other. At that moment, it was just me and God. God wanted to show me what it was like to spend time with him, to understand what true love was, break down certain things that he wanted me to heal from. In the midst of my "loneliness", the Lord has been with me this entire time. He was grabbing my attention the entire time but I was too consumed with other people. When I started to understand God's Love, I started taking myself out on dates. What that looked like to me was, taking myself to lunch, go to the gym, go driving on the highway, go shopping by myself. Honestly, in the beginning it was so weird but now it's basically became a habit haha! The great part is, I don't have to wait for anyone and I move at my own pace (I can't help I'm such a timely person!). 

I always had this habit of being there for everyone. Loyalty has been one of my biggest traits. It's something I stand by and once I'm committed, I'M LEGIT ALL IN! I've realized, you can't be everyone's superhero. You can't always save people because at the end of the day, they have to figure it out on their own, just like you did. We need to be the best version of our self. Do things that make you happy. I used to stress out about what I ate all the time, now I eat whatever I want and workout at the same time. Because I stress less about what food goes in my mouth, my muscle and body structure has been the most successful in my 29 years of living life! Your happiness comes before anyone else. Be the best version of you!

What also helped me through my process was being around older women. Being around women who are older than you naturally have more experience then you. It was always interesting to hear or seek advice from someone older than me because it helped me gain perspective. Learning gives so much power to the brain. You don't realize the information you grasp at that moment can change your life. I always thought I had it all figured out on my own. My stubbornness didn't get me anywhere. I had to throw my pride down and had to be open to listen. It took a lot of humbleness and grace to work through all this. I had to be open to what was being fed spiritually and mentally.

Lastly, finding my purpose. I have to constantly set my mind to do what I love on a daily basis. I love fashion and beauty. Just creating your own style and own art through clothes and makeup. That's the beauty of being your own person. Everyone has a uniqueness about them. I refuse to live a robotic life. And sometimes, life can be that way. But that will only be that way if you create it that way. Style your own mind, style your own success. That is the beauty of finding your purpose. I know my goal is to one day touch lives through my writing and prayer. I was told that I would be influential to peoples lives through fashion and beauty. If it wasn't for God's Love, I would not be here.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY




Follow me on Social Media:

Business Instagram: @bossbabee_movement
Personal Instagram: @soojanelyy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitions

My emotions speak to the inner core of my heart. I feel the shifting about to start. Am I ready for this? Or am I quick to resist? Tru...