Monday, February 25, 2019

Effectiveness of Prayer

This year I really wanted to focus on making #BOSSBABE MVMT a movement where my blog can touch people's lives. This movement is going to not only touch people through my fashion and beauty advice but also through the gift of prayer. Words are definitely one thing that can influence and impact people. Prayer has been one of my biggest focuses this year. What does prayer do for our life?  What is the purpose of prayer? How do we even pray? Why do we do it? The only way to build a stronger foundation with God is through prayer. Prayer has always been beneficial in my life. I've been playing on a worship team for almost all throughout my entire life. I was told by many prophets and pastors that my keyboard playing brings an anointing in the room. It didn't matter how great or bad I sounded, but the expressions of the audience always told it all. I knew I had a bigger calling in my life than just playing the keyboard. Another gift was Prayer. The Prayer for Healing.

Anyone in faith to the Lord, prayer plays such a huge impact in our life. Prayer should be like breathing. It's basically immune to us. It's a great tool to get intimate with God and build a stronger foundation. God says a relationship with Him gives a deeper satisfaction than anything else we desire. A relationship with God is so important because that's how He can restore us by believing and trusting in Him. Sometimes when we go through turmoils in life, it's hard to believe and we wonder and ask questions. During those times, that's when God wants us the most.

Prayer for me has always been beneficial in my life. In the Bible is says "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you asked for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8. So you mean to tell me, if I ask for anything the Lord will provide? That sounds like an awesome life God! But of course we must have faith during these moments of prayer.

How does Healing come into play in all this? I've always heard testimonies about people getting healed from cancer, sicknesses and other pains they've encountered, but I've never experienced them in person. I went to a Christian Camp in high school not expecting anything. I assumed it was just a typical camp that I've always been going to since I was a child, just a grown up version camp haha! During the last night of camp, we had late night prayer. That was the night I've visually have seen emotional and physical healing. It's something I've never seen before. I knew there was more to this than just playing the keyboard. What hit home to me was this girl who was deaf in both ears have popped when the Pastor prayed for her. Her hearing wasn't 100% but she was able to hear her voice. She has not heard her voice since she was 5 years old. I remember how I felt hearing her testimony. What my heart did at that moment. That's when I knew this was the God I serve, this was the God that heals. I've also experienced my own personal healing when I was prayed for my ankle back in 2014. This was 4 years after being out of church. My ankle hurt so bad to the point I was limping. I never felt such a feeling of Vapor Rub, soothing through my ankles from a hand. It was a feeling I've never felt before. At that moment, my faith has grown. I knew I had the capability of praying for the broken, the sick, you name it.

On 2/24/19, I had the privilege of playing the piano for a church. For some reason, I knew there was something powerful that was going to happen in the service today. I had the Holy Spirit mention to me multiple times to be obedient to what I am going to say to you today. I knew there had to be healing taken place. I came in early to rehearse and help. Once service started to begin, I started feeling certain pains; Headaches, anxiety, depression, back pains. I knew that wasn't all me. We started worshiping, after the set was done the pastor told me to continue playing. He came up to me and said "Everyone just listen to the playing of the piano. I love the way she plays and I'm not just saying this just because you're new but has anyone told you, your gift of playing shows grace and there is a sense of anointing when you play". At that moment, I knew healing needed to be taken in this place. I asked the pastor for permission if I can speak to the congregation and he let me take the mic. I said to the congregation, "I'm being obedient to the Lord, if anyone is dealing with depression, anxiety, back pains, headaches, please come up to the alter. I would love to pray for you". At that very moment I had about 6 people come up. I was shocked, I was so happy in the midst of me playing, I was able to pray for healing. Two people I prayed for, who were suffering through back pains, suicidal and depression, surrendered it all to the Lord and received healing that day. At the end of the day if two people are healed. God was in the works!

Trust and faith has got me to where I am. I know my writings and my obedience to the Lord will changes lives. My story is still being written.




"My role model went to the cross for me"
- Francis Chan



Personal Instagram: @soojanelyy
Business Instagram: bossbabee_movement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitions

My emotions speak to the inner core of my heart. I feel the shifting about to start. Am I ready for this? Or am I quick to resist? Tru...