Thursday, March 23, 2017

Confidence is Key

The word confidence means: the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something. Why is it so important for us women to be confident? Why do some women struggle with confidence? These are questions we struggle with on a daily basis. We wake up thinking about what we have to wear and how we are going to present ourselves.

Growing up in a Korean household, I was never told what looked good or etc. The Korean culture is so big on what looks presentable and so quick to judge. If anything, I was always told I looked "fat" in anything I wore. I was very tall and thick for a Korean girl at my age at the time. All the cute clothes my friends would wear, I was not able to wear them due to my height and size. I struggle with finding clothes my size. Due to this factor, I was never confident in anything I wore. I was consistently made fun of, being called "Godzilla" and "fat". When I look back at it now, I think it hilarious. Overall, this made my self esteem extremely low. 

What really helped me through this process was when I got to college. Realizing there was just more to life. That's when I really got into Fashion and realized, I can wear what I want being a plus sized Korean chick. If anything being "thick" was the common thing. I embraced who I was under my own skin. I loved the idea of creating new outfits, different designs of clothing, being unique, standing out and etc. I liked being different and creating my own Stylist. That's how I gained my confidence. Fashion was my way to create my identity and to put together something that I know I would feel comfortable in. 

The biggest key is to find your identity. Look for what you are passionate about. Here are some keys to being confident:

1. Take control of yourself. Change something about you do not like!
2. Take the time and effort to make yourself look good. When you look good, you feel good!
3. Dress to impress. People will always take you seriously when you are dressed apart.
4. Selfies! Don't be scared to take pictures of yourself! Self love is important!
5. Think positive. Don't be negative about yourself.
6. Get to know yourself. Learning something new is always a great stimulation to your mind.



Stay Blessed. Confidence is Key.
Wake, Pray & Slay!


Until next time,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitions

My emotions speak to the inner core of my heart. I feel the shifting about to start. Am I ready for this? Or am I quick to resist? Tru...